Saturday 14 April 2012

The last two weeks had me conquered by an illness hence the silence but I want to share with you photos of some earlier excursions.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that I've been teleported to some sun drenched French village to sample the delights of the week's marche and soak up the Spring sunshine.
In fact these pictures were taken just before Easter in a beautiful Cotswold town of Stow-on-the-Wold




Yes, the French market visited bringing with it not just the sun's rays but all the glorious colours, tastes, fragrances and sounds of our Gallic neighbours.
















Needless to say, we made a lousy job of 
resisting temptation and came home laden with 
freshly baked baguettes, cheeses, olives salami and a basket to carry it all in. Then we had a sampling session.
Perfect.
We also visited an open garden held in ABBOTS WOOD HOUSE.

Its an amazing place, owned by an American octogenarian oil magnate.This fabulous Victorian mansion is enveloped in acres of beautiful gardens and grounds. 



Each garden is expertly managed by 
ONE MAN !!! 












And, finally, I've been trying out my iphone camera.








Nothing brilliant,just a bit of snapping fun.

Well, that's it for today. Back again soon.
XXX



8 comments:

C Hart said...

Well Well You managed to capture some Fantastic Shots full of Colour and Beauty.

Rustic Vintage Country said...

Fabulous pictures! Suzy x

galant said...

Sorry you haven't been well, but you sound to be back on form now, and the photos are lovely. We have a French market which visits Torquay each Easter and the Spring Bank Holiday. Often been to that and, like yourself, returned home laden! We also have an Italian market which visits another part of Torquay (the French market inhabits the sea front area) and, again, I generally give way to temptation. Last time it was garlic flavoured olive oil which was quite expensive and really, it's something I could've done myself by adding a clove or two of garlic to some good olive oil! But the bottle was sooooo pretty!!!
I don't have an iphone but I have a camera facility on my mobile although I don't use it as I don't appear to have any means of translating the photos taken to my computer! So I stick to my Nikon and my small Pentax.

Margaret P

Pingere said...

Hi Joasia,
I hope that you are feeling much better.
We have been to the French market in Stow, isn't it great?! The colours and vibrancy of it seem to be heightened by the very 'englishness' of Stow.
I will have to search out that house and garden, its not one that I've heard of.
Great photos!
Hope you have a good week,
Essie x

Jill said...

Hi Joasia,
Glad you are feeling a little better now, you need some warm sunshine. How lovely to have a little bit of France arriving in the Cotswolds, I would not have been able to resist, I think I am going to have to have a fench fix very soon!
love Jillx

Helen said...

It all looks wonderful, I wouldn't have been able to resist the french goodies either . . . . its not your fault they are too tempting!
Love Helen

Madelief said...

Hi Joasia,

Lovely photo's of the market and the garden! I especially enjoyed the market. We will spend two weeks in Stow at the end of July. I hope there will be a market like the one you visited in July too.

Hope you will feel better soon.

Have a lovely evening.

Madelief x

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

Dear Joasia,
Sorry to hear that you have been poorly on my first visit to your blog. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Beautiful gardens and lovely photographs. Our friends have a cottage in a village near Stow-on-the-Wold so I know the Cotswolds quite well.
Thank you so much for your lovely comment today. XXXX